MAMBEC Studio Cole Harbour Place
Strides Health & Fitness Elmsdale
MAMBEC is canceling classes for the Weekend/Evening Program Tuesday September 22, 2020, due to a decline in the weather from Hurricane Teddy. Class will resume Friday September 25th from 630to 730 @ Strides and on September 26th at MAMBEC Studio in Cole Harbour Place. Take Care and Be Safe.
Lavonne Carroll MAMBEC
Strides in Elmsdale start date: Friday September 11, 2020, 6:30 – 7:30
MAMBEC Studio in Cole Harbour Place start date: Saturday Sept 12, 2020, 12-1, 1-2, 2-3
Monday September 14, 2020 6-7, Tuesday September 15, 2020 6-7
BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW:
The program starts September 8, 2020, if you are using Before AND After we open at 7am and close at 6pm. Morning bus run leaves at 7:55am. All children must wear masks on the bus.
Sign in and sign out procedure:
– Parents must enter through the side pedway doors on the side of the building and take your child to the bathroom. Hand cleaning procedures apply.
– Children 10 or over must wear a mask, children under 10 do not need masks. The only exception for mask wearing is during Martial Arts class.
– 1 parent drops child off 1 parents picks child up.
– Your child will have their temppature taken and logged on sign in sheet, coved 19 questions will be presented.
– Parents exit the building through the front door where the clock is.
PICK UP specifics:
– Text Steve at 902-401-0907 he will let you know when to come into CHP only 1 family at a time.
– Stand 6 feet from the door and your child will be brought to you. Then exit through the front doors by the clock.
– If possible please refrain from picking up your child until 5 o’clock on Monday and Tueadays only as martial art classes are being taught in two separate rooms on those days.
If your child is not coming to MAMBEC for any reason text Steve at 902-401-0907. We cannot leave a school unless all children are accounted for at that school. Failure to report a child absent will put our runs behind as much as 20 minutes please report your child absent each day they are not attending text Steve at 902-401-0907.
Pd day packages have been sent if you would like to purchase the package just send etransfer if not just send a message that you do not want to purchase. Martial art classes will not start until Monday and parents have to bring their childs uniform to the MAMBEC Studio this week. Thank you see you on Tuesday September 8, 2020
Lavonne Carroll MAMBEC
Weekend/Evening Program will begin in September. If you have paid for the April – June Session, there will be no fee for September. We will start off with one class to get the children back in the swing of things, followed by grading. After that, we will commence the 12-weeks until December.
If you have not registered and are a new member, we offer an introductory special for $199.00 includes uniform and tax. If you are a member and just wish to register call Lavonne Carroll at 902-488-6779.
Kidsport Funding Available
Child Care includes before / after school programs, inservice day programs, camps and short-term programs that provide care through recreational activity/education to school aged children. This document should be used to support MAMBEC staff, volunteers, and beneficiaries/families in reducing the risk of transmission of Covid-19.
COVID-19 Risk Mitigation
General COVID-19 Risk Mitigation for Staff and Participants
- Mambec Students will be in groups of 15 including Staff and will physical Distance where possible
- Groups of 15 will physically distance from other groups of 15.
- While outdoor recreation activities are permitted at playgrounds, parks, trails and opens spaces (e.g. soccer fields and ball diamonds) using these facilities will remain at the discretion of the Program Director based on guidance by Public Health.
Individual Actions & Precautions
- Wash your hands frequently.
- In Cole Harbour Place masks must be worn by Adults and Children over the age of 10.
- Masks do not have to be worn during Martial Art class.
- Refrain from touching your face with hands.
- Staff will carry and use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol content to apply for the kids when necessary. Caution should be taken around common touch points; proper hand hygiene should be practiced.
- Teach Cough Courtesy Protocol.
- Workers, Volunteers, Patron, and Children must be screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Prohibit entry to any worker, volunteer, child or patron who is sick or symptomatic.
- Ensure staff are trained on hygiene and sanitation in order to prevent the spread of infection.
- Schedule frequent cleaning.
- Regularly clean and disinfect any high-touch areas and equipment touched by workers, volunteers, and patrons.
- Equipment should be assigned to individual groups only.
- Hand washing stations and/or hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol will be available for patrons.
- Opportunities for surfaces to be touched by patrons will be minimized as much as possible. Personal cell phones will be used for sign-in and sign-out, as well as for messaging about your child during the day.
- Appropriate signage outside all building entries, throughout the Centre will inform/advise on measures to be taken.
MAMBEC COVID-19 General Safety
- One (1) Parent can drop off a child, however, parent and child must enter through the door under the pedway and exit through the door under the clock.
- MAMBEC programs will operate in groups of 15 people. This includes both staff and children. If more than 15, 6 foot physical dustancing will be applied.
- Staff members, parents or guardians and children must not attend the program if they are sick, even if symptoms resemble a mild cold.
- Do not specifically ask kids to come to you with what they think are symptoms. Staff and Group Leaders must look for symptoms. Kids are welcome to approach staff when feeling ill.
- Symptoms to look for include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, headache, nausea, and a general feeling of being unwell.
- Children’s temperatures will be checked before sign-in.
- Staff must conduct active symptom screening of each child every day with the parent or guardian as they drop off their children.
- MAMBEC will keep daily records of anyone entering or attending the day camp who stays for 15 minutes or longer (e.g. staff working each day, children, etc.).
- Records must be kept up-to-date and available to facilitate contact tracing in the event of an outbreak.
- All visitors or special guests will be documented.
- If MAMBEC is reported as having a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19, we will be required to close for a minimum of 48 hours to allow contact tracing, and then adhere to recommendations from NS Public Health.
- If a child develops symptoms while at the program, the child will be isolated away from other children and the parent or guardian will be notified to come and pick up the child immediately. If a separate space is not available, the child will be kept at least 2 metres away from other children.
- If a child requires close contact and care, staff will continue to care for the child until the parent or guardian is able to pick them up.
- Staff will wear a mask or shield during all interactions with the child and will avoid contact with the child’s respiratory secretions.
- Staff will wash their hands before donning a mask or shield, and before and after removing the mask or shield (as per mask guidance), and before and after touching any items used by the child.
- All items used by the child while isolated will be cleaned and disinfected as soon as the child has been picked up.
- Items that cannot be cleaned and disinfected (e.g. paper, books, cardboard puzzles) will be removed from the program and stored in a sealed container for a minimum of 10 days.
- If a staff person develops illness while at work, they will immediately remove themselves from any contact with others, notify their supervisor, go home, and call 811.
- If a parent, guardian, family member, or bubble member of any program participant feels unwell, or becomes ill, they are to inform MAMBEC immediately, and please, do not allow participant to attend camp.
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
- MAMBEC has developed procedures for drop off and pick up that support physical distancing and separate groups to the greatest extent possible. Document will be provided by text, or email as necessary.
- Groups of 15 cannot mix with other groups of 15 or be within 6 feet of another group in the same room/space at the same time, including pickups and drop-offs, mealtimes, playtime, outdoor activities, staff rooms, etc.
- Where possible, physical distancing practices will occur. MAMBEC staff and participants will be encouraged to avoid close greetings like hugs or handshakes and encourage physically distant greetings such as “air fives” and waves. Plan for physically distant activities such as shadow tag and avoid activities that require clustering around an item or small area.
Use of Shared Spaces
- Only one group of 15 at a time may use the same outdoor play space. Following physical distancing practices when possible.
- It is recommended that cleaning be done by either the cleaning staff, or by staff within the group directly before the group enters the space and after it exits the space.
- A cleaning log will be posted and used to track cleaning.
To help plan activities, staff should ask themselves the following questions to determine the risk of the activities and whether they can proceed:
- Does the activity violate a public health order?
- Does the activity involve shared surfaces or objects frequently touched by hands?
- Can an activity be modified to increase opportunities for physical distancing?
- Stagger lunch/snack breaks to promote physical distancing among participants.
Information/Guidance for Outdoor Recreation Time
To ensure the safety of children, families, and communities, the relaxing of restrictions on certain outdoor recreation opportunities will follow a measured approach, in accordance with public health guidance. How participants engage, and how equipment and facilities are used, cleaned, and in some cases monitored, will need to be adapted and modified. We kindly ask for everyone’s patience and cooperation while we develop these internal measures.
Overall, our intention is to follow similar provincial guidelines when using outdoor spaces/parks for our program as per how the province and/or municipality may allow.
MAMBEC Inc. 2003 — 51 Forest Hills Parkway, Cole Harbour Place, Dartmouth, N.S. B2W 6C6
Have You Received Your 2019 Tax Reciepts?
All reciepts for Afterschool Program, MAMBEC Martial Art/Life Skills Evening/Weekend Program, summer camps and March Break Camps have been sent to customers. If you have not recieved your reciept, please e-mail us at email@example.com with the following infomation: your childs name, when your child attended MAMBEC and your correct e-mail address and your receiepts will be sent to you.
UNICEF® Congratulations to MAMBEC campers! Christmas Donation 2019 – we raised $645 in our Young Entrepreneurs summer camp. Through our program, we have raised over $12,000 for Unicef to help children around the world since 2003. Each year MAMBEC sends a donation to UNICEF to help those less fortunate.