MAMBEC will begin registration for the Morning/Afternoon Program in April 2018.
During the MAMBEC program, your child is immersed in skills on a daily basis that enhance their Martial Art ability. All athletic skills are compatible with martial arts by promoting endurance, focus/self-control, to name a few. Being in the MAMBEC environment promotes your child’s success, happiness and confidence to become the person they want to be. We hope your child will grow with us and have the MAMBEC spirit!
What you get from this program:
- Payment for the Before/Afterschool Program will be made on the 20th of each month beginning Aug. 20/2018 up to and including May 20/2019 will be your last payment. If you are paying by Post Dated Cheques, please make 10 Cheques consistent with the chart below for you child or children’s needs. Please ensure that you drop the cheques off at the MAMBEC office prior to April 15th, 2019. If you are paying by E-Transfer you will receive an invoice 1 week before payment is due. Registration for the following year will be in April with the standard 57.50 inc tax.
- Your child’s Life Skills/Martial Arts classes are twice a week, finished before 5pm. Children learn leadership through our mentoring program. They practice public speaking in a safe environment that encourages self-confidence and self-control. We have broken down the groups into A Group, B Group, and C Group. During the first week of September your child will be assigned to their group and will be given the days for training. Each child will train 2 days per week from 4:00 to 5:00PM. If it is a training day for your child, we ask that you pick them up after 5:00 PM on those days. Friday there is no Martial Art Training we offer the children Lego and Robotics.
- New – This September your child can participate in Swimming Lessons during the afterschool program. Swimming lessons will be offered on your child Non-Martial Art Day. The only information we will need is your child’s age if they are a beginner or the last level achieved. The cost will be $57.50 including tax for 7 weeks. If your child would like to participate in this opportunity, please call 902-488-6779 before August 15th, 2018.
- Included in the MAMBEC Before/Afterschool are all in-service/PD day camps. In-service/PD Days for the 2018/2019 school year are as follows: Sept. 4th, Sept. 28th, Oct. 17th, Oct. 26th, Nov. 21st, Dec. 6th, March 8th, April 11th, May 17th and June 27th.
- Reduced prices on March Break and Summer Camps.
- Before school, you can drop your children off as early as 7:00AM. Please note that our bus leaves at 7:55AM. Parents can pick children up as late as 6:00PM in the evening.
- Tons of activities! We keep the kids moving with indoor and outdoor activities, Lego, Robotics, Library etc.
In short, it’s everything you know MAMBEC offers and more in one convenient package. It saves you time, and money.
MAMBEC (Martial Art Mind Body Education Centre) has established a unique, innovative, contemporary Martial Art Centre incorporating a new concept, teaching young people “Mental Martial Arts”, the ability to understand/resolve conflict before it becomes physical, individually/socially. We teach skills to create strong people that value life lessons which helps us move towards a more peaceful society. Our structure had been built with children’s programs (with a focus on bullying) including a “High Five Mentoring Program” where children teach children, adults lead by example, teaching an atmosphere of Team Work.
MAMBEC is a contemporary martial arts school, focused on peace and defence rather than fighting and offence. We teach conflict prevention by understanding the root causes, students learn the skills to prevent, resolve, and control conflict.
Morning/Afternoon School Specialty Program begins at 7:00am. Afternoon pick-ups begin as early as 1:50pm. Guardians must pick up children from our facility by 6:00pm. For more information, contact Lavonne Carroll at 902-488-6779 /firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schools We Service: Astral Drive Elementary, Brookhouse Elementary, Colby Village Elementary, Caldwell Road Elementary, Portland Estates Elementary and Bois Jolie.
Parents of students at Bois Joli should contact your school and Stock Transportation (902) 481-8400 regarding busing to Cole Harbour Place. Also see HRSB’s page on Student Transportation.
If your school is not listed, there may be alternative transportation options available. Please contact us or your school for more information.
MAMBEC Morning/Afternoon School Speciality Program includes Life Skills/Martial Arts program, the same program offered during Evenings/Weekends.
For information, click here: www.mambec.com/weekend-evening-program
Summer Camp 2018: For more information, click here: mambec.com/camps
Inservice Days: For more information, click here: mambec.com/camps
MAMBEC Morning/Afternoon (School Speciality Program) is a private facility and is not part of the Department of Education and Early Childhood Education “Daycare Act”
Delayed School Opening
MAMBEC Morning/Afternoon Students Only
Delayed openings are considered when there is a severe weather event (for example, snow clearing or other operations that require additional time) as well as if the school is experiencing an issue with power or water. On school days when conditions exist such that it is not safe to open schools at regularly scheduled times, but it is predicted that conditions will improve, parents can drop their children at MAMBEC at 7:00am. This includes both morning and afternoon children. MAMBEC will shuttle all children to their appropriate schools (Colby Elementary, Astral Drive, Caldwell Road Elementary, Portland Estates, Bois Joli and Brookehouse). The cost for this service will be $20.00 per child (plus tax), over and above regular program costs. This cost will be added at the end of the month that the delayed opening service is required. In the case that there is late school closure, MAMBEC will not be responsible for your children.
Cole Harbour Place
51 Forest Hills Parkway
Dartmouth, NS B2W 6C6
Meet Our Team